1 - Any tractor or puller found to be unsafe or illegal could be disqualified or barred from hooking. No alcoholic beverages will be permitted.
2 - Drivers must stay on the seat of the tractor at all times. Hands must be on the steering wheel, hand brakes, hand clutch, or throttle at all times during the pull.
3 - Any part falling off the tractor after being hooked and until the tractor is unhooked, could result in disqualification.
4 - All tractors must have a roll cage with five point harness, wheelie bars, and ski bars. All trucks and tractors must have a working safety kill switch and dead man throttle.
All elextric fuel pumps must be wired to the kill switch. Tractors with cast tub frams must be replaced or reinforced with steel.
5 - All drivers must wear a helmet and a SFI driver suit, minimum 3.2A-1.
6 - When starting engines, operator must be in the seat. Starting engines while standing on the ground is prohibited except for hand crank engines. Unattended tractors
or trucks with the engines running are prohibited. These rules apply to the pit area, staging area, and track area.
7 - All pullers will have two (2) attempts to start the sled. If the puller makes an attempt to stop their tractor before the sled passes a pre-marked spot, usually
75 to 100 feet from the starting point on their first attempt, they may have a second attempt. The puller my also make adjustments to their tractor at that time,
including moving weights. Exception: If there is an unforeseen problem during that run and they have to make that run again, then they may not make any adjustments to
8 - All rules will be interpreted by the Class Officials. The Class Officials will rule any unforeseen problems or oversights with their rulings being final. Penalties for
illegal pullers and/or vehicles will range from a friendly warning to a one year and ten day suspension depending on the severity of the violation, as determined by Class
Officials and/or Directors.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Central Ohio Tractor Pullers Association
1. Each COTPA member and crew member shall always show and exercise respect at all events to all COTPA officials, members, crew members, event promoters as well
as those who follow the COTPA circuit. He/She shall conduct himself/herself as a person of good character and integrity and shall have respect for property and
person and shall abide by the COTPA Code of Conduct. He/She shall at all time act in the best interest of COTPA.
2. It is the intent of COTPA to project a positive sportsmanship and professional image to all fellow pullers, crew members and event promoters and followers.
By doing so, this will promote growth and longevity of our sport.
3. The safety of COTPA officials, members, crew members and event promoters are always of the utmost importance. Every possible effort shall be taken to keep
all involved parties as safe as possible.
4. Each puller and crew member is expected to be familiar with COTPA’s Code of Conduct and general rules. These must be strictly adhered to by the puller and
his/her crew member(s).
5. Each puller and crew member agrees that the act of entering and participating in a COTPA sanctioned event shall constitute an agreement by him/her to be
bound by all the rules and regulations covering the event. The driver/crew person(s) agrees to be bound by any of the decisions of COTPA or COTPA’s officials.
6. Any COTPA member, crew member, event promoter or sled operator being unsportsmanlike, or exhibiting unprofessional conduct will be grounds for automatic
disqualification. This includes but not limited to: abusive language, aggressive physical action by any person, deliberate delay of event, etc. Should a
COTPA official, event promoter or sled operator act unsportsmanlike or unprofessional, the COTPA Board of Trustees will promptly address the issue.
7. Any puller or crew member found in violation of a rule(s) or the Code of Conduct at a sanctioned event will cause the puller to automatically be disqualified
and the offending individual to be removed from the event at the discretion of COTPA official. Additional action may be taken at a later date and time.
8. The competitor and each member of the competitor’s crew must be properly attired when present in the staging or in the competition area. Shoes and shirts must
be worn. The appearance of the puller and crew are equally as important as the appearance of the tractor itself.
9. Use of tobacco will not be permitted on the track or staging area at any time.
10. A driver may be refused participation in the contest for emotional or physical reasons by COTPA official: i.e. illness, drinking, etc. Such matters will be
left to the discretion of the COTPA official(s).
11. Any driver or crew member appearing to be impaired will be automatically disqualified and removed from event. A second offense shall result in suspension
from COTPA for 3 months. Should additional offenses arise, COTPA will review offenses and make a final fueling.
12. No riders shall be allowed on a tractor when it is being towed or driven. NO riderin or on any vehicle in pit, track or staging area.
13. Pulling tractors must be operated in a safe manner at all times within the confines of the track, pits and staging areas as well as the entire event area.
Tractor shall go no faster than 3-1/2 mph. COTPA officials have the right to stop and disqualify any vehicle if it is not being operated in a safe manner.
14. It is mandatory that all drivers and crew members are in the staging areas or competition area and drivers attend the driver’s meeting, crew members are
encouraged to attend the driver’s meeting. Time and location will be posted or announced.
15. All Fire Marshall rules and regulations must be followed. Failure to do so will be automatic grounds for disqualification and removal from event.
16. Pullers, crew members and all participants must remain 30 feet from the pulling track in use. ONE crew member may assist pulling tractor to the track,
but must be off the track when tractor is pulling.
17. COTPA and COTPA officials have authority to make decisions at each sanctioned event. This includes, but is not limited to, all facets related to the
operations of the event and the right to suspend, bar, expel or disqualify any COTPA member from the event without liability or any kind or nature.
18. COTPA holds and reserves the right to interpret any and all rules set forth herein or any other rules that are enforced at a COTPA event as appropriate.
The adoption of new rules during the season could become necessary to promote safety or to benefit the sport.
19. The decision of the track and/or COTPAs’ officials will be FINAL. Debate or discussion of decision will not be permitted on the track. Should a puller
disagree with an official’s decision, he/she should follow the appeals process. If evidence needs collected at event, a COTPA official shall be notified by
the puller or crew member.
20. COTPA and its affiliated event promoters implement many forms of event promotions to further the growth of the sport and accommodate the fans. As a
competitor on the COTPA circuit, you may be asked to participate in such promotions. These promotions are based around the sponsors and fans that make these
events possible. Therefore the competitors are asked to participate in such activities and present themselves in a professional manner during all activities.
If there are any questions concerning the rules please refer to the contact list
in order to have one of the individuals listed
there answer your questions.